- The Fairmont Vancouver Airport
- 20 cookies
- 1½ cup butter, cold, unsalted
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sprinkles
- 1 cup frozen strawberries, thawed
- 2 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 oz cream cheese, soften
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 30 MinutesPrep time
- Total Time:
- 45 Minutes
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar. Beat until creamy and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, and the cornstarch. Add to the butter mixture, and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Add the sprinkles and vanilla and mix until just incorporated, being careful not to overmix.
- Spread a sheet of saran wrap out on the counter and place the dough on the saran wrap, and wrap the dough. Press down on the dough to form a disc. Refrigerate the disc of dough for 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Remove disc from refrigerator and unwrap from the plastic. Lightly flour you work surface, and with a lightly floured rolling pin, roll the dough out until it's ¼-inch thick.
- Using whatever cutter you like, cut your cookie shapes out of the dough and place on a non-stick cookie sheet. Gather the remaining dough up into a ball and roll out flat with your rolling pin so you can cut more cookie shapes.
- Place your cookie sheet in your preheated oven for 14 minutes, or until the edges just start to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and place cookies on a cooling rack until room temperature.
- In a blender, puree strawberries.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk pureed strawberries, 1/2 cup icing sugar, and lemon juice until reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and butter. Stir in remaining icing sugar. Stir in strawberry mixture, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for 1 hour.
- Place 1 tablespoon strawberry filling on a cookie. Top each with another round. Chill until ready to serve.
These cookies are fun to make with the kids around the holidays. Get them suited up in aprons and let them feel like bakers for an afternoon of fun!
- Choose Your Moment
- Guest Stories
- Food & Drink
- Spa & Wellness
- Arts & Culture
- Fairmont Magazine
- Fairmont Cocktails
This product uses the Instagram API but is not endorsed or certified by Instagram.