Apple Crusted Venison Loin with Granny Smith Apple & Sweet Potato Mash
- The Fairmont Southampton
Apple Crusted Venison Loin Ingredients
- 100 g fresh white bread
- 100 g dried apple flakes
- 50 g pecan nuts
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp fresh soft thyme leaves
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 100g/4oz unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp apple puree
- Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 lean venison loin
Granny Smith Apple & Sweet Potato Mash Ingredients
- 4 lbs sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored, & diced
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cinnamon, to taste
- Total Time:
- 1 Hour
Apple Crusted Venison Loin Preparation
- Preheat oven to 450 F / 240 C / Gas 9.
- To prepare apple crust, break the bread into large pieces with apple flakes & place in food processor or blender. Turn into fine crumbs.
- Add herbs, garlic, and nuts. Process for a further 30 seconds.
- Heat oil in a large pan with butter until foaming, but not coloured.
- Season the venison loin with salt & pepper and add to pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side (for medium rare). Remove from pan & leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Brush venison loin with a good coating of apple puree.
- Press a generous handful of the apple crust over the loin.
- Transfer to medium sized roasting tin & roast for 3-7 minutes, depending on how your Venison loin is preferred.
- If you would like to make a jus, heat stock and rosemary in a pan over medium to high heat, stirring ocassionally. Strain and keep warm.
- Slice venison loin in half & serve immediately with granny smith apple & sweet potato mash.
Granny Smith Apple & Sweet Potato Mash Preparation
- Melt butter in a large saucepan or dutch oven.
- Cook peeled apples until tender.
- Add cooked sweet potatoes to the cooked apples, mash until smooth.
- Stir in apple juice, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Add cinnamon if desired.
Chef Adel Agamy from The Newport, a Gastropub serves up a fall-inspired apple venison loin with a delicious apple & sweet potato mash.
- Choose Your Moment
- Guest Stories
- Food & Drink
- Spa & Wellness
- Arts & Culture
- Fairmont Magazine
- Fairmont Cocktails
This product uses the Instagram API but is not endorsed or certified by Instagram.