- The Fairmont Dallas
- one serving
- Cubed Watermelon (5)
- Sugar as needed
- Feta cheese (preferably Brazos Valley Feta) 1 cup
- Fresh mint leaves ¼ cup loosely packed
- Frisee leaves 2 cups
- Mache lettuce 2 cups
- EV olive oil (preferably Texas Olive Ranch) ½ cup
- Sherry vinegar 1/8 cup
- Shallot minced ½ tsp
- Garlic minced ½ tsp
- Chives (preferably from my garden) 1tsp
- Honey (preferably Texas Honey Bee Guild) 1 tbsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the watermelon into large cubes and sprinkle with sugar.
- Using a crème brulee torch, scorch the watermelon and let it cool down.
- Place the feta, frisee, mache and mint leaves in a bowl and toss with about 1 tbsp of the dressing.
- To serve, arrange the watermelon around the plate and mound the salad in the center.
- To make the dressing combine all ingredients except the olive oil and whisk until blended well, then slowly add the olive oil whisking continuously.
More Posts From This Category
- Choose Your Moment
- Guest Stories
- Food & Drink
- Spa & Wellness
- Arts & Culture
- Fairmont Magazine
- Fairmont Cocktails
Copyright ©2021 Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. All rights reserved.Fairmont.com
This product uses the Instagram API but is not endorsed or certified by Instagram.