Telluride Tofu Salad
Learn more about Fairmont Heritage Place, Franz Klammer Lodge or make a booking.
Every Monday evening the staff at the Fairmont Heritage Place, Franz Klammer Lodge hosts a Welcome Reception for all in-house guests and owners. Complimentary beer, wine and margaritas are served and the staff prepares an array of appetizers. One of our guest favorites is our Tofu Salad; the bowl is consistently scraped clean by the end of the evening. It's a great - and surprisingly easy - recipe that is a Welcome Reception staple.
- Finely chop 1 red onion, 1 bunch of green onions, 1 bunch of cilantro and a 2-inch piece of ginger. Place in a bowl or deep platter.
- Combine 1 cup of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon Chinese chili paste (or curry paste), 1 tablespoon sesame oil and ¼ cup rice vinegar. Mix well.
- Pour sauce mixture in with chopped onion, cilantro and ginger. Mix well.
- Take two packages of extra firm tofu. Slice the tofu in half and cut into ½ inch cubes. Add to sauce and veggie mixture. Mix well.
- Sprinkle the top with sesame seeds.
* Adjust chili paste, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil and cilantro to taste.