Mom's Chicken Soup
- The Fairmont Royal York
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme (or 1/2 tsp dried thyme)
- 1 stick of celery, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 14 oz tin of cooked cannellini beans, washed and drained
- Half cooked chicken meat (shredded by hand)
- 2 cups chopped kale
- Small bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp finely grated parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Total Time:
- 90 Minutes
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and cook for 10 minutes on a low-medium heat, stirring occasionally until softened.
- Add the garlic and thyme and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the celery, carrots and potatoes, stir, then add in the chicken stock, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add in the drained cannellini beans and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken and heat through for 2-3 minutes, then add the kale. Stir and simmer for 1-2 minutes until the kale has wilted. Test and season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Divide between four bowls, topped with fresh parsley, grated parmesan and a couple of sprigs of fresh thyme. Serve with some toasted bread.
Warm, comforting, delicious.
More Posts From This Category
- Choose Your Moment
- Guest Stories
- Food & Drink
- Spa & Wellness
- Arts & Culture
- Fairmont Magazine
- Fairmont Cocktails
Copyright ©2022 Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. All rights reserved.Fairmont.com
This product uses the Instagram API but is not endorsed or certified by Instagram.