- The Fairmont Banff Springs
- Serves 15
- 361g All-Purpose Flour
- 5g salt
- 14g baking powder
- 12g sugar
- 85g butter Cold
- 255g cold milk (use whole milk for the most tender biscuits)*
- 10 MinutesPrep Time
- Total Time:
- 30 Minutes
- Preheat your oven to 425°F with a rack in the upper portion.
- Get out a baking sheet; there's no need to grease it. Line it with parchment if you like for easiest cleanup.
- Mix together the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar.
- Work the butter into the flour mixture using your fingers, a fork or pastry blender, a stand mixer, or a food processor; your goal is an evenly crumbly mixture.
- Pour the milk evenly over the flour mixture. Mix quickly and gently for about 15 seconds, until you've made cohesive dough. If the mixture seems dry and won't come together, don't keep working it; drizzle in enough milk — up to an additional 2 tablespoons to make it cohesive.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured work surface.
- Pat it into a rough rectangle about 3/4" thick. Fold it into thirds like a letter and roll gently with a floured rolling pin until the dough is 3/4" thick again.
- Cut the dough into circles with a drinking glass or to avoid leftover dough scraps, cut the dough into squares or diamonds with a sharp knife.
- Place the biscuits bottom side up on your prepared baking sheet, turning them over like this yields biscuits with nice, smooth tops.
- Brush the biscuits with milk to enhance browning.
- Bake the biscuits for 15 to 20 minutes until they're lightly browned. Remove them from the oven, and serve warm.
- Store any leftover biscuits, well wrapped, at room temperature for several days. Freeze for longer storage. Biscuits are always best when they're re-warmed before serving.
- **Tip: add 1 diced jalapeno pepper and 80g of shredded Cheddar cheese for a biscuit with a kick**
It isn’t the holidays without warm biscuits in the equation.
More Posts From This Category
- Choose Your Moment
- Guest Stories
- Food & Drink
- Spa & Wellness
- Arts & Culture
- Fairmont Magazine
- Fairmont Cocktails
Copyright ©2019 Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. All rights reserved.Fairmont.com
This product uses the Instagram API but is not endorsed or certified by Instagram.